NEW UPDATE for the 2022 Auditions 1/26/2022
The 2022 StrawHat Auditions originally scheduled for Saturday & Sunday, March 12 & 13 have been canceled. Auditions are by video submission only. Further information on this page may be out of date and inapplicable.
THERE ARE SEVERAL CHANGES TO THE AUDITIONS THIS YEAR: READ FULLY AND CAREFULLY SO YOU UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS!
Fees for 2022: Registration/Subscription Fee, $40 non-refundable
Upon confirmation of your registration payment, you will receive notification via email and your dashboard status will change. This notification is not automatic, so please allow for administrative processing time.
If there is an issue with your submission (e.g. no video component or no photo upload) your submission status will read “Incomplete.” You will then receive an email from our office explaining what needs to be corrected.
If you are selected to audition, your dashboard will display your change in status to “Selected to Audition” and an automated email will provide you with a link to the Audition Fee payment portal, where you will pay by credit card as you did for your registration/subscription fee. This email link expires 72 hours after it is sent. Upon confirmation of your payment, we will schedule your appointment and email your audition confirmation instructions. Once you have received your audition confirmation, this payment is non-refundable.
- ALL ATTENDING must show proof of vaccination to appear in person. Additional COVID-19 health and safety protocols will be in effect (our COVID-19 page is currently under construction)
- Only 2 days of auditions this year: Saturday is for Summer Only employment, Sunday is for those graduating in May and/or available for Extended/Year-Round employment.
- Dancers Who Sing audition in the final hour of each day, Summer Only or Extended Contract
- Monologue Only listings are Web Only, no live auditions
- Registration/subscription Fee: $40 (non-refundable)
- Audition Fee: $65 (paid only if selected for an audition)
- Submissions are now PAPERLESS!
- 90-second Video audition required for a complete submission (see Pre-screen Video Advice)
- ALL applicants should post a 90-second StrawHat audition package (Post by Jan. 15th)
- Online dance call tutorial (see our FAQs and Dance Call page for details!)
ALL of the following steps are required for a complete submission:
PLEASE take the time to READ the various pages in the ACTORS drop-down menu!
When you register or log in, you will first be directed to your Dashboard. Dashboard items in red are pending/incomplete (when complete, they turn blue – or disappear). The SUBMISSION STATUS task is not automated. It is managed by our office and does NOT change color.
Complete the online registration form. This is the basis for your On Line Casting profile and for the search filters in our Actor Search. All sections must be completed for your profile to post to the Actor Search.
In the Dashboard:
Verify Your Email Address: This will confirm that you input your email correctly. Once you verify, this task will disappear from your dashboard. Add the following to your Contact List: [email protected] AND [email protected]. Check your spam folder and mark our email as "not spam" if it doesn't show in your in-box!
Profile Information: Open your Personal Profile so you can complete your Online Registration Form. There are 5 sections:
- Personal Information: Your contact info, vital statistics, type of audition you’re applying for, etc.
- Upload your one-page resume pdf here.
- Employment Availability: there are two parts – 1: Select between Summer Only and Extended Contract. This is a search filter. 2: Enter your actual employment dates by using the calendar. This displays on your Actor Search profile.
- Click SUBMIT when completed.
- Roles: A mini-resume. Enter between 5 – 10 credits. Click SUBMIT when completed.
- Audition: You must answer the first series of questions. Use the select button to answer Yes or No. Choose Saturday if you are only available for Summer employment, or choose Sunday if you are available beyond the summer months or for longer contracts, or leave the audition days blank if you want to be listed in the Actor Search but cannot attend the event, c. NOTE: Returning Performers, please be sure to update your answers from last season! Click SUBMIT when completed.
- Profile picture: Upload your photo (jpg only!) and use the cropping tool. Original images must be 600 pixels wide or smaller to upload. Click SUBMIT when completed. (There are a number of FREE web optimization tools available online to compress your photo jpg. We suggest http://jpeg-optimizer.com/.
- Video: Upload your 90-second video audition here. (See Audition Video Info in the ACTORS drop-down menu) NOTE: Submissions are incomplete without a video component.
Once you have completed your profile, go back to your dashboard to complete:
- Payment: Your $40 non-refundable, annual registration fee (also known as your subscription) is payable via our secure e-commerce portal. This provides your access to the Premium Content on our site, including theatre listings and the activation of your Actor Profile.
- Submission Status: The message in this task changes to reflect your application status: Pending, Incomplete, etc. This item is controlled by our office and does not change color.
- Opt In to Our Mailing List: We use Mail Chimp for large group communication. Input the email you used to create your account. We do not share our mailing list and will only contact you about StrawHat business or special offers to our subscribers. If you have unsubscribed from our mailing list by mistake, this form will allow you to opt back in.
- Application Deadline: We must have a complete online profile, including your 90-second audition video by the deadline date.
- Spam Filters: ADD US TO YOUR CONTACT LIST! We use two addresses: [email protected] and [email protected] We cannot notify you of concerns – or special information – if you do not identify StrawHat Auditions as an accepted contact.
- Audition Selection is just that – selective, and the process is by its very nature a subjective one. There is no mathematical equation, no codified objective measure by which we compare one application to another. Our job is to assemble what appear to be the most promising applicants to the companies that hope to hire them.
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
- If you are scheduled for an appointment and choose to cancel, your audition fee is non-refundable.
Submit all items prior to the application deadline: January 15, 2022