The 2018 StrawHat Auditions are Friday, Saturday & Sunday, March 16, 17 & 18 in New York City
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS FULLY AND CAREFULLY SO YOU UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS
You must complete BOTH of the following steps to be considered for a StrawHat Audition:PART ONE : The online application
register or log in, you will first be directed to your Dashboard. Dashboard
items in red are incomplete (when complete, they turn blue).
Complete the online registration form. This is the basis for your On Line Casting profile and for your listing in the daily audition directories if you are selected for an appointment.
Email Address: This will confirm that you input your email correctly. Once you verify, this task will disappear from
your dashboard. Check your spam folder and mark our email as "not spam" if it doesn't show in your in-box!
Information: Open your Personal Profile so you can complete your Online
Registration Form. There are 4 sections:
- Personal Information: Your contact info, vital statistics, type of audition you’re applying for, etc. Upload your one-page resume pdf here. Click SUBMIT when completed.
- Roles: A mini-resume. Enter between 5 – 10 credits.
Click SUBMIT when completed.
- Audition: your audition availability and other questions. Click SUBMIT when completed.
picture: Upload your photo and use the cropping tool. Original images must be
600 pixels wide or smaller to upload. Click SUBMIT when completed. (There are a number of FREE web optimization tools available online to reduce your photo jpg. This blog lists several: enviragallery.com/9-best-free-image-optimization-tools-for-image-compression/)
have completed your profile, go back to your dashboard to complete:
- Payment: Your $47 non-refundable, annual registration fee (also known as your subscription) is payable via our secure e-commerce portal. This provides your access to the Premium Content on our site, including theatre listings and the activation of your Actor Profile.
- Hardcopy Photo & Resume: Only displays after you've completed all the required profile tasks - including payment. Click here and you can print out the form to submit with the items listed below.
PART TWO : Mail ALL of the following items in a single submission packet. A manila envelope sized 9” x 13” will hold:
- Your Application Print-out (read the disclaimer, then sign and date the form)
- 2 (two) self-addressed, stamped business-size envelopes (see our FAQs)
- Your 8 x 10 headshot and resume, stapled back to back
- Your $60 audition fee (returned to you if you are not selected to audition)
- Check or money order only – Payable to Straw Hat Auditions – DO NOT SEND CASH! Please be sure that your name appears on the check! You can write it in the memo line if the account is not yours.
- Straw Hat Auditions
- 1771 Post Road East, #315
- Westport, CT 06880