The 2020 StrawHat Auditions are Saturday, Sunday & Monday March 14, 15, & 16 in New York City
Hard-copy submission deadline is January 15th.
UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS for 2020!!! READ FULLY AND CAREFULLY SO YOU UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS!
NEW Notification Process: No More Self-Addressed Stamped Envelopes! There will be no hard-copy confirmation letters sent by mail.
Fees for 2020: Registration/Subscription Fee, $47 Audition Fee, $63
Upon receipt of your hard-copy submission, you will receive notification via email and your dashboard will display that your application has been "Received".
If you are selected to audition, your dashboard will display your change in status to “Selected to Audition” and an automated email will provide you with a link to the Audition Fee payment portal, where you will pay by credit card as you did for your registration/subscription fee. This email link expires 48 hours after it is sent. Upon confirmation of your payment, we will schedule your appointment and email your audition confirmation instructions. Once you have received your audition confirmation, this payment is non-refundable.
You must complete BOTH of the following steps to be considered for a StrawHat Audition:
PART ONE : The online application
When you register or log in, you will first be directed to your Dashboard. Dashboard items in red are pending/incomplete (when complete, they turn blue).
Complete the online registration form. This is the basis for your On Line Casting profile and for your listing in the daily audition directories if you are selected for an appointment.
In the Dashboard:
Verify Your Email Address: This will confirm that you input your email correctly. Once you verify, this task will disappear from your dashboard. Check your spam folder and mark our email as "not spam" if it doesn't show in your in-box!
Profile Information: Open your Personal Profile so you can complete your Online Registration Form. There are 4 sections:
- Personal Information: Your contact info, vital statistics, type of audition you’re applying for, etc. Upload your one-page resume pdf here. Click SUBMIT when completed.
- Roles: A mini-resume. Enter between 5 – 10 credits. Click SUBMIT when completed.
- Audition: your audition availability and other questions. Click SUBMIT when completed.
- Profile picture: Upload your photo (jpg only!) and use the cropping tool. Original images must be 600 pixels wide or smaller to upload. Click SUBMIT when completed. (There are a number of FREE web optimization tools available online to compress your photo jpg. We suggest http://jpeg-optimizer.com/.
Once you have completed your profile, go back to your dashboard to complete:
- Payment: Your $47 non-refundable, annual registration fee (also known as your subscription) is payable via our secure e-commerce portal. This provides your access to the Premium Content on our site, including theatre listings and the activation of your Actor Profile.
- Application Print Out: Once you have paid your subscription/registration fee, a button appears that will open the printable pdf of your application form. Print the pdf, sign and date it, and submit it with a copy of your head-shot and resume (photo and resume should be stapled back-to-back).
- Hardcopy Photo & Resume: The message in this task changes to reflect your application status: Pending, Incomplete, Received, etc.
- Application Deadline means that your complete hard-copy packet is received by our office by NOON of the deadline date.
- Spam Filters: ADD US TO YOUR CONTACT LIST! We use two addresses: [email protected] and [email protected] WHITE LIST THEM BOTH. We cannot notify you of concerns – or special information – if you do not identify StrawHat Auditions as an accepted contact.
- Audition Selection is just that – selective, and the process is by its very nature a subjective one. There is no mathematical equation, no codified objective measure by which we compare one application to another. Our job is to assemble what appear to be the most promising applicants to the companies that hope to hire them.
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
- If you are scheduled for an appointment and choose to cancel, your audition fee is non-refundable.
- Appointment change fee: $25, money order only.
PART TWO : Mail the following items in a single submission packet.DO NOT fold your head-shot and resume! A manila envelope sized 9” x 12” will hold:
- Your application Print-out (sign the disclaimer and date the form)
- Your head-shot and resume, stapled back-to-back
- Straw Hat Auditions
- 1771 Post Road East, #315
- Westport, CT 06880
Be sure to submit all items prior to the application deadline: January 15, 2020